The New Carlisle Public Library now circulates mobile hotspots to patrons 18 years of age and older, with an active library card and a photo ID. Mobile hotspots are perfect for students, families, entrepreneurs, or anyone else who might need a wireless internet connection when on vacation, outdoors, on the move, or while home internet is down. We are able to bring you this service thanks to the generosity of the Friends of the New Carlisle Public Library.
- Hotspots circulate for 14 days, and have a $3.00 per day overdue fee.
- Patrons must be over 18 and have an active NCPL library card and photo identification to borrow a hotspot.
- Hotspots will NOT renew automatically, but, as long as there are no holds, patrons may check the hotspot in at the Circulation Desk and then check the item back out.
- Ten devices may be connected to the hotspot.
- The hotspot works in any area covered by the Sprint wireless network.
- Each individual patron may check out one hotspot at a time.
- Hotspots must be returned to the Circulation Desk, in person, and may not be returned via the library book drop.
- Replacement cost is $120 for the hotspot, $10 for the cord.